Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ever Hear of The Bar Method?

I stumbled upon The Bar Method through a pre-promotion through Suburban Momma, which is very similar to Groupon but geared towards Northern NJ. (If you haven't signed up, I highly recommend it. They offer great deals to local businesses.)

The Bar Method is a combination of ballet, yoga and pilates. According to BarMethod.com:
It integrates the fat burning format of interval training, the muscle shaping technique of isometrics, the elongating principles of dance conditioning, and the science of physical therapy to create a revolutionary new workout that quickly and safely reshapes your entire body.
Here's an interesting fact: you can't take Bar Method classes at any old gym. You have to take the classes at a Bar Method studio where the owners are required to teach classes, serve as models for their teachers, and maintain a high quality of teaching at their studios.

What immediately drew me in is the results you can achieve with this workout:
The Bar Method™workout creates a uniquely lean, firm, sculpted body by combining the muscle-shaping principles of isometrics, the body-elongating practice of dance conditioning, the science of physical therapy and the intense pace of interval training into a powerful exercise format that quickly and safely reshapes and elongates muscles.
Now I'm intrigued. The nearest studio to me is either Boonton or Englewood and both are at least a 30-minute ride. These classes aren't cheap ($20-25 per class) so I'm considering ordering their DVDs (2 for $30). Or I could just open my own studio. Only kidding, just checking to see if you're paying attention.

I'll be doing a review soon once I get the DVDs. Please let me know if you've taken a class and what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment