Sunday, October 24, 2010

Great Day for a 5K

Hopefully you got a chance to spend some time outside today. It was a gorgeous fall day and makes you appreciate this time of year. I ran the Family Reach 5K in Mahwah. While I didn't have any PRs (personal records), the run felt great.

Now that the 5K is over, I kind of feel like a lost soul. Do you ever feel that way after you train for an event and then it's over? Now what? There are a few 5Ks left in 2010 that I'm going to try and do, so I definitely need to keep running. One of my New Year's resolutions was to finish a 5K in 25:30. I still have some work to do to reach that goal, so there's my incentive!

Motivation seems to get harder and harder as you get older and there's so much more going on, between kids activities, housework and regular work. What's a Fit Mom to do? You have to make time for yourself. It's not selfish; it's necessary for you to be the best mom, wife, sister, daughter, etc. that you can be. For me, running is a stress reliever. I have more patience and can focus much better after a great workout.

Perhaps your motivation is a weight loss goal. I'm right there, too. Another New Year's Resolution I have is to get down to my goal weight...and if you think I'm posting that goal weight, you're crazy. LOL! I have about 3-5 pounds to go, depending on the day and how much water I'm retaining. Sometimes I think it would be easier to lose 20 than it is to keep battling the same 3-5 pounds. You may also wonder why I just don't let it go. I can't, then it means my body and age have won. Plus, I keep thinking that shedding a few pounds will help my running times.

So what do you do to motivate yourself? And what are some tricks you use to make sure that your workouts are never (or rarely) skipped? Any goals you'd like to share? I'm always looking for new ones.
 ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I pay for my work outs in advance - the beginner's yoga class I'm taking is 8 weeks long, and you pay for it all on your first session. If I miss, I lose the $$ -- which is a good reason to go every week!!

    ReplyDelete