Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Get Ready for Zumba

Before my kids and husband, I used to always be on top of the latest exercise trends. Mind you, I taught aerobics 1) when it used to be called "aerobics" and 2) when step aerobics was all the rage. Okay, I'm dating myself...

Anyway, I've been dying to try Zumba. So when a fellow mom asked if I wanted to try it out, I was all over it! If any local moms are interested, we'll be taking an 8:15pm class at Debi's Dance in Suffern, NY (located at the end of Suffern Place off Main St.) My daughter takes dance classes at Debi's so it couldn't be more convenient.

The Zumba craze got started in the mid-90's and has picked up steam ever since. It combines Latin dance with a good workout -- what's not to love? According to Zumba.com, it "fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program."

Here is a video I found that gives you a little taste. I have to tell you that I frequently get sucked into Zumba DVD infomercials...




Have you tried Zumba? I want to hear how you like it, whether you've taken a class or used a DVD. And if you're not busy Thursday night, join us at Debi's Dance...

No comments:

Post a Comment