Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fitness Competition Countdown: 20 Days

Holy smokes, I'm counting down in the days!! June 30th can't come fast enough. I'm more hungry and tired than ever! (I'm literally hungry after eating.) All I think about it when I get to eat next -- not good!!! It's going to be a long 3 weeks...

I met with Jodi on Friday and trained legs. I'm down to 11.2% bodyfat (from 11.9% last week). While it's not a whole percentage point, I'm happy with my progress given my business trip last week. It was torture sticking to the diet and not drinking. I probably ate less than I should've and also only got in 60 of the 75 minutes of cardio I was supposed to complete. Regardless, I stuck to my guns and pulled through.

Here are this week's diet and workout changes:

Breakfast
- 4 egg whites & 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup oatmeal

Night snack
- 5 oz. Tilapia

Cardio is now 80 min. 6 times per week

I bought my tanning stuff, posing gel and diuretics this week. I'll be doing a blog post soon on the ridiculous cost of competing in a figure contest. It's crazy!!! From supplements and clean food, to tanning and training sessions, it all adds up!

My strategy this week is to split my cardio between either morning and afternoon or morning and evening. Lots of sprints, jogging and bleachers or Stairmaster will be the cardio of choice.

Lots of posing practice is another time suck. I try to spend 20-30 minutes everyday in my posing bikini and heels. Speaking of posing bikini, here is a progress photo in my posing bikini:


I also officially sent in my entry form for the contest. YIKES!!! I'm really doing this!

We stopped by a farmer's market today and I discovered something new and wonderful that I can actually have on my diet -- gourmet balsamic vinegars! I may have mentioned that I've gotten to the point of being able to taste the difference between cheap and quality balsamic vinegar. This gourmet stuff is out of this world. I bought one bottle of fig balsamic vinegar and one white balsamic pear. Now the key is I can only use one tablespoon because there is a little bit of sugar/carbs in these. But you only need a little for the incredible flavor. If you're interested in checking out this vendor, they're called www.JDGourmet.com, and other flavors were jalapeno, chocolate and cherry. I can't wait to try more of them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.
    Keep on continuing with this.
    Fitness Competition

    ReplyDelete