Sunday, June 17, 2012

Countdown Update: 12 Days to Go!

Holy Moses smell the roses -- how the hell am I 12 days out. Pretty soon we'll be in single digits. I'm in the home stretch and things are not getting easier. Whew!

I had what was most likely the hardest week ever! My lower back was killing me due to how tight my butt and hamstrings were. I tried everything -- stretching, ibuprofen, Tiger Balm. It was brutal. But Jodi tells me this is all normal. It's muscle fatigue. My body is getting just enough calories to function, so repair isn't a high priority. On top of that, I was supposed to get my period this week. We ladies all know how that feels. You're like an engorged tick ready to pop, just waiting for that flow to start so you can resume some sort of normalcy. My lower abs are pouchier than normal and I just feel heavy. I essentially just had some spotting, so now my hormones are done with me and my low bodyfat. LOL!!

But we forge ahead...

I met with Jodi on Sat. for my second to last leg workout, posing practice and a diet check-in. I'm at 10.5% bodyfat (WOW!) My weight stayed the same (her scale says 133.6, mine says 132.0...it was also taken after I worked out. Regardless, I was very psyched that the fat is still somehow coming off.

Here are the changes for the week:

Diet

  • Morning snack is a small green apple (woohoo!!)
  • Lunch is back to 4 oz. chicken
  • Evening snack is now 4 oz. chicken
  • No more lettuce or tomato (both bloat and tomato has sugar)
Workout
  • Cardio is now 85 mins. 6x/week
  • Bleachers/Sprints -- 2-3x/week
  • Keep daily deadlifts & walking lunges

Wed., June 20 is my last leg workout. I'm kind of nervous about that.

As you know, there is no more cheat meal. But my husband and I had our annual summer party and I ended up picking here and there on few forbidden items. I tried my best to keep it clean:

  • A few strawberries
  • A few spoonfuls of quinoa with avocado (I've been dying to try it and it's yummy!!)
  • Half a brownie (I'm human, people!)
  • A few bites of watermelon
It was hard to watch all my friends eat and drink. While I didn't eat as strictly as I would've liked, I'm back on track today (Sunday) and ready to work out hard this week. Bring it!

Stay tuned for my last update before the show. I promise to post a full recap with lots of pics, as well as contest info for anyone interested in checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment