Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Figure Competition Countdown -- 4 Weeks Out

After having a run-in with my kids' Easter candy, I was nervous to see what today's weigh & measure appointment would bring...

Bodyfat
14.4% (down 0.5%)

Weight
132.4lbs. (up 3.2 lbs.)

I'm glad my bodyfat went down, not happy about my weight going up. I could be retaining water from my little candy splurge. Back to the drawing board. Here are this week's changes (there are a lot of them): 

Diet Changes
Morning snack is now 3 oz. chicken and 4 oz. asparagus (sweet potato is gone)
Lunch is now 8 oz. green beans (vs. 4 oz.); sweet potato is gone
Afternoon snack now includes 3 oz. sweet potato

Workout Changes
Cardio 70 min. 7x per week
Keep 45 seconds of plyometrics between sets

There were so many change to my diet, I need to repost what the whole looks like again. I can't keep track! Here's what my diet now looks like:

Current Daily Diet

Breakfast - 5 egg whites, 4 oz. sweet potato

Post-workout - 3 oz. chicken, 4 oz. asparagus

Lunch - 6 oz. tilapia, 8 oz. green beans

Afternoon snack - 3 oz. chicken, 12 almonds, 3 oz. sweet potato

Dinner - 6 oz. tilapia, 8 oz. (2 cups) asparagus

Evening snack - 4 oz. tilapia

Whew! Let's see what these changes bring. I'm still working on my tan lines. I ordered my Expel (diuretic for the last few days before show). I need to order Jan Tana tanning gel and see if I can find foundation to use on competition day. I was contemplating hiring a make-up artist, but the one recommended by the show is booked solid.

I thought it would be interesting to see how much food I'm consuming in a week. Food shopping is a regular occurrence -- at least 2x per week. Here's what I need to buy and consume in a typical week (7 days):
  • Tilapia -- 14 pounds
  • Chicken -- 2.6 pounds
  • Sweet potato -- 3 pounds
  • Green beans -- 3.5 pounds
  • Asparagus -- 5.25 pounds
  • Egg whites -- 3 dozen eggs
  • Almonds -- 84 almonds

As promised, here is an update pic. I'm on the fence about the new green bikini. I'm feeling a bit self-conscious in it. It will really depend on what I look like closer to the show. I'll work on posting a pic so you can tell me what you think.


Until next time, eat clean and train dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment