Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fitness Competition Prep Update: Day 34

It's hard to believe it's the first day of April. Wow! I checked in yesterday with Jodi. My weight stayed the same and I'm down just about half a percent of bodyfat. While I'm still making progress, she's concerned that I'm not losing at least 1% per week, like I was. I have to admit that I'm also a little freaked out that I'm 23% bodyfat, which means I need to drop at least 10% in just 12 weeks. I'm 12 weeks out -- holy crap!!!! So here are the changes for this week:
  • Beginning April 28th, Jodi will begin evaluating me in a bikini so she can see where I need work (no hiding my hips and ass -- LOL!!) 
  • Cardio is now 5 times per week, 40 min. (still keeping heart rate around 135)
  • Lunch now changes to 3 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans (looks a lot like dinner)
  • No more tablespoon of peanut butter with my afternoon protein shake (*gasp*)
  • Begin looking at heels (ideally order them soon) and posing suits (holy crap, they're expensive!!!)
Fitness Model High Heel Platform Shoes For Women 
I'll be checking back in with Jodi on Thurs., Apr. 5 since my husband and I are going away for a few days before Easter. I'm nervous about eating out so much. I'll have to be vigilant and stay focused.


I'm going to try and order my 5" stripper heels this week so I can really start practicing posing and walking in them. Debating whether to get a really good posing suit or one just to get by. I don't know if it's worth investing in it if this is the only show I do. Any thoughts?

Cheat Meal
This week's cheat meal fell on a date night at a newly discovered, authentic German restaurant in Nyack, NY. It was fabulous!! I enjoyed every morsel of food and didn't get the food hangover I had last weekend. Here's what we had:

  • Lovely glass of red Austrian wine
  • Appetizer (split with hubby) was pumpernickel bread with baked apples and pecans, with slices of brie. It was drizzled with a balsamic reduction and broiled. YUM!
  • German potato soup (split with hubby)
  • Salad (split with hubby) included greens, apples, candied walnuts, cranberries, crumbled blue cheese and tomatoes with a light viniagrette dressing
  • Jaeger Schnitzel (pan-fried veal cutlet with a delicious brown mushroom sauce), potato pancake, German hash browns, cucumber salad and spaetzle (homemade German noodle pan fried with butter and onion (my husband and I split all of our sides we could taste everything)
  • Homemade apple strudel with fresh whipped cream -- out of this world!!
It was back to the drill today. I feel good. Not hungry until it's time to eat (even then I sometimes have to force myself to eat).

This week I'll be working out at the gym at work so I can lift even heavier, using the machines. I'll also be able to mix up my cardio (e.g., elliptical, Stairmaster, bike, etc.)

I finally took an updated picture. I'm not seeing a huge difference. Maybe a tan would help. LOL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment