Monday, April 9, 2012

Fitness Competition Prep Update: 12 Weeks Out

Eeek!!! I'm officially 12 weeks out from my competition! How did that happen?! Now I'm really glad that I got an early start.

My hubby and I went away to Cape May this weekend, which is why I'm a bit late in writing. I met with Jodi on Thurs., Apr. 5, and I'm delighted to say I'm down another 1% bodyfat. Her scale wasn't working, so she couldn't weigh me. But she seemed much more interested in my decreasing blubber. LOL!

Here are this week's diet and workout changes:

  • Cardio is now 5 times per week for 45 min. (keeping heart rate in 130-135 range)
  • Dinner carb is no longer brown rice; now it's 4 oz. sweet potato (woohoo!!)
It was a tough few days being away. We ate at some fabulous restaurants where I was dying to try everything -- hot, fresh bread and a pastry brie special that I literally drooled over. UGH!! I saved my precious cheat meal for Sat.'s Easter feast. There's nothing like my Mom's home-cooking. 

I packed all of my supplements, protein powder, bars and workout clothes so I could be as prepared as possible. With the great weather, I power-walked on the beach on Friday, which was fabulous. Unfortunately, no matter how much I swung my arms or how long my strides were, I couldn't get my heart rate over 108. LOL! 

It was tough, but I was soooo good. Our usual drill is going to the Cape May Winery for lunch for a cheese platter and bottle of wine. I brought a plain salad with shredded chicken and had half a glass of wine. *Sigh* I just keep telling myself that someone else is eating better and training harder than me. That's what the little voice in my head says whenever I get tempted.

Finally, Saturday arrived and I was ready to dive head first into my glorious Easter cheat meal. Here's what I had:
  • Stuffed celery (cream cheese & olives packed into celery)
  • Deviled eggs
  • Shrimp cocktail
  • Kielbasa & sauerkraut
  • Ham
  • Prime Rib
  • Asparagus
  • Chopped antipasto salad
  • Lots of specialty dark chocolates (which I bought in Cape May at my favorite fudge shop)
  • Homemade apple pie with whipped cream
  • Homemade chocolate strawberry shortcake
Needless to say, I had a wicked food hangover on Sunday. I literally felt like I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I couldn't function!! It actually made me look forward to eating clean. Who knew that could even happen?

Back to my regular workout routine and eating habits. Stay tuned for my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment