Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ever Compete in a Fitness or Figure Competition?

 

For more than 10 years, I've wanted to compete in a fitness or figure competition. If you're unfamiliar with what kind of competition this is, it's not as intense as bodybuilding (you get muscular and lean, but not huge). But it's not a bikini contest. The contest judges muscularity, leanness, presentation and overall package. It's a bucket list item that I continue to come back to year after year.

When I was 25, fitness competitions involved a gymnastics routine. As someone who has never participated in gymnastics, starting at 25 was a struggle. It was also interesting taking classes with 9-year-old girls. LOL! I had a trainer and was the closest I had come to competing. Then, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, my trainer was fired from my gym and my whole program proceeded to fall apart.

Fast forward to today. I've found a trainer who not only trains competitors, but also competes herself. So she knows firsthand what's involved and how best to prepare me. I'm determined to achieve this goal. 

With that, I'm excited to say that I have my first training session on Saturday. I'll be posting my journey to reaching this goal, so stay tuned for regular updates, including workouts, diet, supplements and preparation. You'll find out firsthand what it's like to prepare and compete. I'm tickled pink to begin this journey towards a goal I've had for so long. It's going to feel absolutely amazing to accomplish this goal.

Stay tuned for more updates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment