Sunday, January 22, 2012

Need to Get My Running Mojo Back

Do you ever feel directionless without a goal? That's the point I'm at now. I had such a great time preparing for the NYC Marathon. I enjoyed taking some time off. But I forgot how de-motivating it is not having an upcoming race to train for. *Sigh* What's a Fit Momma to do? It's time to prepare my 2012 race schedule, of course!

It's never enough to have just one upcoming race. I like to plan out the entire 12 months to ensure I don't lose my running mojo again. Here is what I'm hoping to accomplish this year:

March -- Sleep Hollow Half Marathon
April -- Ship Bottom 5K
May -- Super Hero Half Marathon
August -- Dog Day 5 Mile
August -- Wild Half Marathon
October -- LBI 18-Mile
October -- Atlantic City Marathon

That's right, I'm planning on doing another marathon this year! I'm as surprised as you are! LOL! I came so close to 4 hours last year (4:08:59) that I really want to work towards coming in under 4 hours.

This plan also fits nicely with some of my 2012 New Year's Resolutions (which look strangely similar to 2011), including:
  • Run a 5k in 25:30
  • Complete a half marathon in under 2 hours
  • Run 18 miles in under 2:45
I also have my bucket list (and 2012 New Year's Resolution) of competing in a figure/fitness competition. I'm hoping to do that in July and will outline the entire process, including dieting and training, on this blog. So stay tuned!

One thing I'm planning on doing differently as I train for the upcoming half marathons is incorporating Cross Fit training. Have you ever heard of it? It's short, intense workouts. Supposedly, you can run less and still improve your running times. The exercises are very functional and don't take long to complete. But that doesn't mean they're easy!  Here's a sample:



Do you ever lose your running mojo or workout motivation? I'd love to hear your tips for staying focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment