Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Favorite Quick Workout -- 25s

As the holidays quickly approach and the days get darker and colder, my motivation for working out is dwindling. It happens every year around this time -- the battle to keep the holiday weight gain at bay. More and more cookies, sweets and other calorie-laden items magically appear at work. Everyone is in the giving spirit, which includes fattening foods!

Normally I spend the early morning hours fitting in a quick workout. That quick workout seems to get shorter and shorter, between trying to wrap gifts, get holiday cards addressed and mailed, plus all of the normal chores (dishes, laundry, etc.)

What's a Fit Mom to do? Personally, I like to do something I call "25s." It's short, simple and gets the job done. Here's how it goes:

Do 25 reps of the following exercises:
  • Squats
  • Dips
  • Bicycle (essentially an elbow to knee cross crunch)
  • Lunges
  • Push-ups
  • Crunches
  • Shoulder push-ups (position yourself so the push-up is working your shoulders vs. your chest)

Workouts:
How To Do A Shoulder Push-Up To Strengthen Your Upper Body

If you're feeling inspired, you can go through this set of exercises again for another 25 reps. Trust me, you'll feel it the next day.

Have any quick, effective workouts that you swear by? I'd love to hear all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment