Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fitness Competition Update: 6 Weeks to Go

In addition to having a fabulous weekend with incredible weather, I had a great meeting with Jodi this week.

My body fat dropped 4% to 14.3%!!! I was floored! After gaining 4 pounds last week, this was an unexpected, welcomed surprise. My weight is at 133 lbs. (this is from my scale since the gym one wasn't working). However, Jodi only did the measurements for my benefit. She's going strictly by how I look now. Except I (and my fabulous cheering squad who check in with me after my weekly appointments) want to see the numbers change and go down. It's incredibly motivating!

After going down so much so fast, I wondered what changes awaited me. Here they are:

  •  Diet -- no changes
  • Cardio is now 65 minutes 6x/week
I'll be keeping everything the same, including daily deadlifts and walking lunges. But I'll be increasing sprints with jogging to 2x per week. These will also include running bleachers. I'm going to try and get those in during my daughter's T-ball games since they have a nice set of bleachers and a paved area to run laps on.

This week I will also be ordering bikini samples from Christine Marsh. The colors I'm thinking about are royal blue, green and black. We'll see how those look on me. I do know I want lots of bling, which tends to cost lots of $$$.

Jodi and I practiced posing, which is way harder than I thought it would be. It's really hard to make your lats flair without squeezing your back and sticking out your shoulder blades. I have some work to do in that area.

Since I've been tanning and got such a great report this week, here is an update pic:


I almost forgot my cheat meal! My parents came and stayed with me this weekend, since my hubby was away. We decided to introduce them to Smashburger:
  • Jersey burger (with applewood bacon, blue cheese, fried onions, sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato)
  • Onion rings with an awesome horseradish sauce
  • Picked on fries from everyone else
  • Oreo milkshake (we ordered 2 and shared them between the 5 of us)
  • (5) Thin Mint cookies
  • (2) 7-Up and Mango Vodka drinks
  • 1 glass of wine
  • A few dark chocolate truffles
All I can say is YUM! But after that, I was more than ready to get back to my healthy eating.

Until next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment