Sunday, May 13, 2012

7 Weeks 'Til the Fitness Competition

Just 7 short weeks to go! I met with Jodi on Friday after work versus Saturday since she was prepping other competitors for a contest. I also attended the show so I can see what to expect. While it was not an NPC contest, the prep (tanning, bikinis, etc.) are still the same. However, the posing is different. Whereas I just have to do front, side and back poses. During the contest, the girls had to a 2-minute T-walk to music and also perform front, side and back poses.

I somehow gained weight this week!! I was up 4 pounds (138.6) and down nearly 1% (18.6%). This caught me by surprise and freaked me out a bit. But Jodi didn't seem concerned, especially since my bodyfat went down. It could be I'm retaining water since my period is coming next week. Another reason may be the pre-workout drink (Assault) I've been taking has creatine in it, which causes water retention. Regardless, I'm more than determined than ever and hoping the gain is a combo of muscle and water!

Diet Changes
Lots of changes in the food department, including:
  • No apple at lunch (that half an apple was a tease anyway)
  • Afternoon snack is now 3 oz. of chicken (no more protein shake -- thank goodness!)
  • Lunch: replace chicken with 5 oz. tilapia (yum!)
  • Dinner: replace chicken with 6 oz. tilapia (double yum!)
Workout Changes
  • Keep daily walking lunges and deadlifts
  • Keep plyos between sets
  • Cardio: 1 hour/ 6 times per week
  • Add leg extensions and leg curls to leg workout
Cheat Meal
So I discovered something new during this week's cheat meal -- the drive-by cheat (works particularly well for dessert after your in-laws send you a giant Mother's Day gift basket full of foods you can't eat. LOL!). What is the drive-by cheat you may ask? It's literally trying tons of food, but only 2-3 bites of it. Lots of tastes and options!! I was sick to my stomach after this one. I haven't had this amount of carbs in a looooong time!

  • Merlot cheese and multi-grain crackers from the gift basket
  • 3 slices Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza with sausage and onions -- I just couldn't stop!
  • One meatball (from Anthony's -- I had heard rave reviews, but it wasn't that great. I've had better.)
  • 3 chicken wings  (from Anthony's -- I was expecting buffalo wings, but these were just roasted with onions and rosemary. Very yummy!!!)
  • Handful of Reese's Pieces
  • 2-3 yogurt-covered pretzels (from the gift basket)
  • 3 mini toffee cookies (from the gift basket)
  • 2 chocolate truffles (from the gift basket
  • 2 dark chocolates (from the gift basket)
  • 5 Thin Mint Cookies (which tasted so good after watching my family indulge all week!)
  • 3 Dove dark chocolate mini eggs from Easter
  • 2 spoonfuls of Coconut Almond Fudge ice cream (my favorite!)
Needless to say, I thought I was going to throw up or fall asleep after eating this fiasco! It was hard going to the show and then feasting like this. I'll definitely be much more focused this week for sure.

I almost forgot about my awesome Mother's Day gift from my sweet hubby! He got me two one-hour training sessions with Jodi and a one-hour massage. Who loves me??? I really feel like he's totally behind me on this crazy endeavor, and it means the world to me. I'm psyched to get my ass kicked by Jodi. I think I might divvy the sessions into 30 min. and start next week with her. Giddyup!



I've been tanning, so I feel just a little better about this week's update pic (guess I can't use my paleness as an excuse any more):


No comments:

Post a Comment