Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fit Moms: Back to WeightWatchers.com

I have a confession to make. I had a major fall-off-the-wagon couple of weeks. Have you ever gone through something similar? A few parties, a miserable illness that had me down for the count for a good day and a half (you'd think that would've taken off a few pounds), PMS, stressful work projects...I could go on and on. With that, I've completely lost my diet mojo!! Argh!! I had hit a plateau about 2-3 weeks ago, and suddenly I gained 5 lbs. Needless to say, it blows, but I'm not deterred. Whenever I hit a diet roadblock, I always turn to Weight Watchers.

Are you surprised? Here's a little background... I was able to lose 40+ pounds after each of my pregnancies, and I lost that weight in 4-5 months. While I had great success, the one part of WeightWatchers.com that always bothered me was the fact that the Points system didn't account for healthy protein appropriately. For example, if I had an entire chicken breast, I wiped out a good portion of my daily Points. Plus, you could eat cake all day and as long as you were within the Points you were allotted, everything was good. But that's finally changed.

If you've seen the recent Weight Watchers advertising with Jennifer Hudson (from American Idol), you may have noticed a new PointsPlus system. It's my dream come true! Now Points are calculated by accounting for fat, carbohydrates, protein and fiber. It's not just based on calories, fat and fiber. Woohoo!! Also, the PointsPlus system gives you way more points! I was shocked at the daily and weekly allotment. I just finished my first week and I have 16 points left! (Granted, I worked out a good 17 Points-worth, so I may have been left with less if I was lazier.)

I signed up for the 3-month plan, which should do the trick since I want to lose approx. 12 pounds. With one week under my belt, I've already lost at least 2-3 pounds (my official weigh-in is tomorrow). I'll also be interested to see if my fat percentage goes down. (You know how obsessed I am with bodyfat. LOL!)

Stay tuned and please let me know if you're a current or past Weight Watchers fan and what your experience has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment