Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ever Hear of Chalean Extreme Workout DVDs?

Sometimes I wonder if it's my shopping addiction or workout addiction that always makes me want to buy new exercise DVDs. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just ordered two DVDs for The Bar Method. They haven't even arrived yet and I just found another DVD set that's piqued my interest -- Chalean Extreme. Have you ever heard of this set?

Here's one of the reviews of it on Amazon.com:

This workout is great because there is a different workout for each day of the week. The weight training portion is only about 35 minutes long each - done 3 times a week and the two cardio days are a killer - interval training and you know you are burning off alot of calories. I really love the countdown clock - for each exercise, there is a clock that shows how much time is left. I have lost some body fat already - only on week 2 - although I haven't been eating as well as I should - I can only imagine how much more I could be losing if I followed the eating plan as well. Chalene is fun, motivational, and really so comfortable to listen to. And I like the slow and heavy reps - even in the 2nd week, I feel sore after each workout (and I am already in pretty good shape from before as I am a runner).

Right off the bat, I'm pretty excited that some of the DVDs are only 35 minutes long. As you may know, most of the P90X DVDs are an hour or longer. Fit Moms can hardly find 60 minutes lying around!

One small issue is the cost. It seems a bit steep at $120+ for this system. I may have to look on Ebay for a used version. Stay tuned. If I do get it, I'll be doing a review.

If you've used the Chalean Extreme Workout, I'd love to hear how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment