Sunday, October 12, 2014

The 30-Day Experiment: Day 5...Adding Another Twist

So I've gone sugar-free for seven days now. While I had some near misses, it's not as hard as I thought it would be be. But it does take some thoughtfulness and planning.

For example, after pouring syrup on my kids' pancakes, I never think anything of wiping the small drop of syrup that oozes down the bottle with my finger and taking a quick taste. Well, last time I checked maple syrup is 100% sugar.

At work, I throw Splenda into my coffee without even thinking. I've loaded my purse with packets of Stevia in the Raw. Interestingly enough, I notice that I don't get the mild headaches that I used to when I was using Splenda.

When I pack my lunch, I usually throw a can of diet soda into my bag. I've switched to flavored seltzer and drink as much water as I can throughout the day.

Let's up the ante and add another dimension to this experiment. Beginning on Oct. 13, I'm also going to eliminate meat from my diet. How will I get my precious protein?? I'll still be eating fish, eggs, tofu, protein powder, beans and any other non-meat protein sources I can find.

I was contemplating going full vegetarian, but I think that could send me into a sugar frenzy!

To recap, I'll be sugar-free through Nov. 4 (ouch, Halloween is in there!) and meat-free through Nov. 11 (my son's birthday...hope he doesn't pick meat for his birthday meal!)

Want to join me on this journey? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment