Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Nine Weeks to Go!

I feel like time is flying by!! How did I go from 12 weeks to 9?? I feel like time is running out quickly and I need to get my butt in gear...literally!


I'm struggling with not having my body fat measured and relying solely on the scale and my measurements. I'm down to 137 pounds. I need to lose at least 12 pounds of fat. Eeek!

Workouts
It's funny how you never stop learning when it comes to working out. I joined Retro last year and never took advantage of the free personal training session. I finally had the chance last week. Here's what I learned:
  • 1/2 reps -- I always thought full reps were the key, but maintaining muscle tension by only completing a rep halfway had me sore and really feeling the muscle I was working.
  • Hold & squeeze at the end of each rep -- instead of flying through my reps, I had to consciously hold and squeeze the muscle at the end of each rep. Wow!
  • Negative reps -- In all the years I've been working out, I've never really done negative reps. We did this using a preacher curl. I was forced to try to keep the weight from going down. My biceps were crying two days later.
Diet
My macros have been modified to 145 grams of carbs, 140 grams of protein and 35 grams of fat. In terms of cardio, I'm doing 20 minutes of intervals three times a week and steady state for 30 minutes two times a week.

To crank up the intensity, I'm working my abs in between sets. I'm also doing walking lunges, step-ups and deadlifts every day (except for rest days and leg day).

I also went from 5 days on/ 2 days off to 3 days on, one day off. Now I'm trying 6 days on, 1 day off. It's all about burning calories at this point!

Now I just need to get a new bikini, start practice posing and get my tan on. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment