Wednesday, February 13, 2013

9 Weeks and Counting 'Til Fitness Competition Time

I'm all off schedule this week. I was supposed to meet with my trainer, Jodi, on Saturday. If you live in the Northeast, you got to enjoy the lovely blizzard we had to kickoff the weekend. With nearly a foot of snow on the ground, Premier Fitness in Nanuet, NY wouldn't be opening until 11am. Given my appointment was at 10:40am, I was out of luck. So I rescheduled for this past Monday. I was sooo nervous given my huge setback at my last meeting with Jodi.

I'm pleased to say that I lost bodyfat (20.2% -- woohoo!!!), but I gained some weight (139 lbs -- boo!!) Since it's that time of the month, Jodi chalked it up to bloating and water weight. But since I'm coming up on the last eight weeks before showtime, I need to buckle down!

Here are this week's changes:
  • This weekend is my last cheat meal (wah!) When I prepped last year, she pulled the cheat meals at four weeks out. Since I have more than 10% bodyfat to lose, the dirty food has to go.
Diet
- My oatmeal is not 1/3 cup (vs. 1/2 cup)
- Lunch is now 6 oz. of tilapia

Workout
- Continue to do intervals on the stairmaster every other day.
- Cardio is now 5x week for 50 minutes

I broke out the 5-inch heels and competition bikini to give me a boost of motivation. I'm definitely starting to make progress, but I need to put my mojo into full gear if I want to do well at this show.

My next meeting with Jodi is Monday, February 18. I promise to post a picture to show my progress. First I need to schedule some tanning appointments.

Until next time, eat clean and train dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment