Sunday, July 29, 2012

One-Month Post Competition Update

It's hard to believe it's been a month since the competition! Where does the time -- and the summer -- go?!

I'm still working out almost every day, mind you not with the same intensity as when I was preparing for the contest. I'm trying to do at least 30-40 minutes of cardio and weight train 1-2 body parts each day (3-4 exercises, 8-10 reps).

The diet is a different story. I'm eating clean 90% of the time. It's amazing how much can change so quickly. It took me 7 weeks to lose 7% bodyfat. While it's taken me just two weeks to put it back on. Ouch! I've only gained 4 pounds since the contest and I feel good. But I do feel "softer."

I'm so used to focusing on achieving a goal, it's a struggle to know what to do with myself. I was on the fence about whether or not to do another show in October. Part of me wants to do it so badly so I can be completely focused and driven. The other (more rational) part of me keeps reminding myself that I have my brother's wedding and the Tough Mudder in Oct. I don't want to spread myself too thin and do poorly at both, instead of kicking ass at one.

With that, there are plenty of competitions next year...so we'll see what 2013 brings. Who knows, by then I may be onto another fitness-related goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment